Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Beginning

Tonight I begin my writing journey. I never knew what a blog was untill about five months ago. A much admired older than me friend (meaning she has grand babies and I just have babies), nonchalantly told me I should check out her blog. I did not want to sound like the "I have three kids and have no idea what is going on in the real world" mom that I am, so I dropped a - sure yeah, maybe I will while I'm checking out my other blogs.... (heaven forbid I act like I don't know what I am talking about.) Well, I was hooked. I soon found out that on her blog is a list of blogs she follows. Then I became "click happy", finding myself sailing down rivers of blogdom, and strangely found myself following six blogs on a mostly nightly basis. Even more strangely, or some would say fate, or well I would say the Holy Spirit... the blogs were mostly about adopting.

And so today, I have decided to tell my story. I never thought I would. I had mixed emotions on the subject- feeling a bit embarrassed, or self-criticizing, feeling like- why would anyone care to read my story? Even more so, the world isn't about me, but about HIM, and I surely don't want to put into print pages and pages of me, me, me, me...yadda, yadda, yadda. But then I happened upon a story about telling our stories. Our stories are one of the most precious gifts that God has given us. I know it won't always be easy or comfortable, but God is glorified in the honest baring of our souls, the unleashing of the story that He has written for each of us. I believe God has entrusted me, each of us, with a story, and expects us to steward it well. For some it may not be written, but it must be told. The biggest testimony to our faith and to the glorious working of God's hands in our life is OUR STORY!!


We must tell our story. Only God knows who he plans to have our stories collide with, but it WILL collide. For we are all part of a grand story, the ultimate story that is GOD'S. So tell, tell your story, and steward it well.

“He has made His wonderful works to be REMEMBERED …” (Psalm 111:4).

“They shall speak of the glory of Your kingdom, and talk of Your power, to make known to the sons of men His mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of His kingdom.” (Psalm 145:11-12)



“Men shall speak of the might of Your awesome acts, and I will declare Your greatness. They shall utter the memory of Your great goodness.” (Psalm 145:6-7)

“I will speak of Your testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed.” (Psalm 119:46)
“Oh, give thanks to the Lord! Call upon His name. Make known His deeds among the peoples! Sing to Him … Talk of all His wondrous works! … Remember His marvelous works which He has done, His wonders and the judgments of His mouth …” (1 Chronicles 16:8-12)

1 comment:

  1. Laura, I just stumbled upon your blog and I am so inspired by it! I love how you are so devoted to God...and I do miss you so it is great to hear about the family and all...

    Karen

    ReplyDelete