Friday, March 2, 2012

13 days and counting...

“Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Psalm 73:25-26

This was our verse this morning...

So we sit looking at each other, is this true for us?  Do we desire nothing on this earth except for Christ? 

We realize we fall short.  Our flesh wins sometimes, we want things our way, perfect in our own eyes.  We think we can do it.  We think we possess the power and the talent and the resources to accomplish our desires.  Yet, we fail, over and over again.  God is our strength, not we ourselves. 

We are resting in this verse today.  We rest knowing God will  be our strength.  He will be all we need today.  If we don't eat the food we like, or if my arms feel like breaking because I've been holding Caleb for too long, or if Kenney is trying desperately to love on Caleb and he rejects him... it's all okay, because there is nothing on earth we desire except for Christ.  He will be our portion. 

I think it might be a dadism, not sure, but somewhere, someone said "baby steps"  (okay, maybe it was Dave Ramsey...lol)

For one minute today Caleb loved daddy... only one minute and the rest, well crying would be an understatement, but one minute is a baby step




These children will forever be on our hearts, if I could I would bring them all home, but for now, baby steps, they will remain on our hearts.


And this little boy, he will forever change our lives, but for now, baby steps... pray for him, he is having a very hard time right now.


1 comment:

  1. You'll get there sweet Laura! Yes, baby steps! Caleb has to develop trust in Kenney...but he will! And he's going to have a ball when he gets HOME to meet his brothers and sisters! I remember our friend saying that her daughter would only eat rice or something like that for a while and she'd eat it w/ her fingers. Then there was the potty thing...they just squat on the streets or something strange like that. These little ones only know what they know! That's why God sent you..to bring them back and teach them the love of Christ. Caleb and Isabell will see that love in you and Kenney first! Love you and praying daily!

    ReplyDelete